- Enrollment Period: November 1, 2021- April 1, 2022
- Early Application Deadline: March 1, 2022 (for full consideration of scholarships)
- Final Application Deadline: April 1, 2022
- Minimum Entry Requirement: Undergraduate degree in any field and a good command of English (Intermediate and up). You can provide TOEFL test with min. score of 450 to demonstrate language ability. Want to take TOEFL? Learn how to do that with the Continuing Education Center of AUCA.
- All applicants should submit the completed Application Package (see below) by the deadline: March 1 (scholarships) or April 1.
- MAT will contact short-listed candidates to schedule an interview. In the interview, candidates need to demonstrate their ability to read, speak and write in English at the level the graduate program requires.
- Successful candidates will be notified of their acceptance within 72 hours of the interview.
- Accepted candidates must formally register with the MAT program by completing the relevant AUCA paperwork. There is a non-refundable fee of USD 300 to complete enrollment at AUCA. Questions of financial aid and payment schedule will be determined at this stage.
You may submit each step individually or combine all three to submit a full application package. Applications are not complete until all three steps have been completed.
- Step 1: Applicant Information
- Application Form: Please fill out the MAT Application Form.
- Curriculum Vitae: Please enclose your CV that clearly states all your educational and professional experiences. Omission of any study / work activity may lead to disqualification of the applicant
- Step 2: Statement of Purpose: Please write a 1000-word essay describing your background and reasons for choosing the current Master’s program. If you’re unsure what this looks like, find guidance from the website of AUCA’s WARC (Writing and Academic Resource Center): https://auca.kg/en/writing_genres/. Find “Statement of Purpose” near the bottom, and you will find good online guides to assist you.
- Step 3: Additional Materials
- University Transcript: Please send your official, notarized transcripts. If you are currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s program, please provide an official document from your institution that confirms your enrollment status and expected graduation date. If you graduated from an institution outside of Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, or Belarus, you will need to obtain a Certificate of Equivalency from the Kyrgyz Ministry of Education. Please contact email@example.com for further guidance.
- Passport Copy: For Kyrgyz citizens and applicants from abroad –- include a copy of passport information pages. For foreigners already living / working / studying in Kyrgyzstan — include a copy of the Kyrgyz Republic visa page.
- Photo: 2 passport-style color photographs (3 x 4 cm – with white background)
- Recommendations: Two letters of recommendation are required. These letters should be from professors or other individuals familiar with the your academic abilities and /or skills as a classroom teacher. The referees should email their letters to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the name of the candidate in the subject line.
- Submitting the Application Steps/Package: There is no application fee. The filled out forms and all supporting documents may be mailed to the following address:
American University of Central Asia
7/6 Aaly Tokombaev St., Room 315
Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic 720060
or submitted electronically to email@example.com (subject line: MAT Application).
- Your submission is considered complete when all three steps have been submitted. Partial applications will not be considered for admissions.
- For further assistance regarding the application process / package, please write to Ziyagul Sabyrova: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistance with Visa: If you are a foreign national and need Visa assistance, please write to the International Student Office at AUCA at email@example.com.