- Application Period: November 1, 2022- March 1, 2023
- Application Deadline: March 1, 2023 (for full consideration of scholarships)
- Late applications will only be considered if open spaces remain in the cohort.
- Minimum Entry Requirement: Undergraduate degree in any field and a good command of English (Intermediate and up). You can provide TOEFL test with min. score of 500 to demonstrate language ability. Want to take TOEFL? Learn how to do that with the Continuing Education Center of AUCA.
- All applicants should submit the completed Application Package (see below) by the deadline: March 1 (particularly for scholarships).
- MAT will contact short-listed candidates to schedule an interview. In the interview, candidates need to demonstrate their ability to read, speak and write in English at the level the graduate program requires as well as share relevant information about their academic work, teaching experience, and / or purpose for study.
- Successful candidates will be notified of their acceptance or shortlisted status (for US Embassy scholarships) within four business days of the interview.
- Accepted candidates must formally register with the MAT program by completing the relevant AUCA paperwork. To complete enrollment with AUCA, there is a non-refundable fee that begins tuition payments, due by May 15. Questions of financial aid and payment schedule will be determined at this stage.
There is a NEW process! (If you have already submitted your application process via the old process, we will still accept it for the March 1, 2023 deadline. Please seek confirmation by writing to Aikanysh at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
You must submit your application through this website: https://apply.auca.kg/. References may be sent directly to email@example.com, with your name clearly included by your recommenders. The application package includes your
- Curriculum Vitae: Please enclose your CV that clearly states all your educational and professional experiences. Omission of any study / work activity may lead to disqualification of the applicant.
- Statement of Purpose: Please write a 1000-word essay describing your background and reasons for choosing the current Master’s program. If you’re unsure what this looks like, find guidance from the website of AUCA’s WARC (Writing and Academic Resource Center): https://auca.kg/en/writing_genres/. Find “Statement of Purpose” near the bottom, and you will find good online guides to assist you.
- Application Form: Listed on the website.
- University Transcript: Please send your official, notarized transcripts.
Note: If you are currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s program, please provide an official document from your institution that confirms your enrollment status and expected graduation date. If you graduated from an institution outside of Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, or Belarus, you will need to obtain a Certificate of Equivalency from the Kyrgyz Ministry of Education. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further guidance.
- Passport Copy: For Kyrgyz citizens and applicants from abroad –- include a copy of passport information pages. For foreigners already living / working / studying in Kyrgyzstan — include a copy of the Kyrgyz Republic visa page.
- Photo: 2 passport-style color photographs (3 x 4 cm – with white background)
- Recommendations: Two letters of recommendation are required. These letters should be from professors or other individuals familiar with the your academic abilities and /or skills as a classroom teacher. The referees should email their letters to email@example.com, indicating the name of the candidate in the subject line.
Submitting the Application Steps/Package
There is no application fee. Simply submit your documents to the website, indicated above.
For further assistance regarding the application process / package, please write to Aikanysh Turdubaeva: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistance with Visa: If you are a foreign national and need Visa assistance, please write to the International Student Office at AUCA at email@example.com.